Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Seventeen Days to go until the Trial

and... It almost seems real. I am rapidly cycling between Disneyland-level excitement and Internally lecturing myself on not getting my hopes up. Trying to remember there is a reason we do a trial. But, I'm naturally a realistic optimist and after so many failed treatments, it is tough.

Real world preparation has begun. I've made the appointment for my pre-op blood work, and over the course of the past few days, I've tackled groceries, house-cleaning, and laundry... early nesting. These things are usually difficult tasks for me anyway, but I fought extra hard through the pain and nausea because I know it will make things easier for me and the folks who will be helping me out during the trial. Speaking of help...

I took the advice of a fellow blogger, and have set up a site here to allow my friends and family to help out with meal preparation, general assistance, and visits during the trial. I'm not sure how I will feel, and I know I'll probably need more assistance after a permanent implant surgery...But I figure if nothing else, we'll just have quality time if I'm more self sufficient than not. So I guess it is a trial run for ONS and this system. I'm overwhelmed by the absolutely fantabulous people who surround me and continue to support and rally around me through this craziness. I couldn't be luckier when it comes to mah peeps.

 
So, there probably won't be much more to post until February 10th...I'll just be here waiting impatiently. Feel free to bug me with comments, questions, suggestions, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment