Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Awaiting my consult appointment

After my successful trial, I have an appointment on March 19th with the neurosurgeon who will be performing the permanent implant. My surgery will be scheduled at that appointment for sometime within the two weeks following.

I apologize for not posting very often. I've been at an increased pain level since the trial was removed and haven't been in front of the computer much.

I received a packet of information from the surgeon that I've been asked to fill out and hand carry to my appointment. Other than that, not much information.

I'll post again after my appointment unless something of note comes up.

-------

Wrote this little piece with homage to Iron Maiden's "Number of the Beast"...


Gnome who stabs and pokes at me
for the gnomies stab the head with wrath
because they know their time is short.
Let him who hath understanding deaden the nerves of my 'ead
for it is a burning bundle
a bundle of sick, hurty, and sicky sick.

2 comments:

  1. Wow a month until permanent relief?! That is great. It sucks that your pain level increased for now. Hope it lets up at least a little sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that the wait between the trial and permanent implant can feel interminable. It will be here soon, and until then, I hope the head gnomes give you a break.

    ReplyDelete